No, I’m not wishing myself happy trails. Read the dinner portion to learn more.
- Breakfast. In the haste to run out the door for errands, I forgot to grab something. So, 0 calories, but not so good for the metabolism.
- Lunch. Hehehehehehehe. The kids have been trained well, and so we went to Taco Mac. Hehehehehehehe. I worked my new strategy of getting half-size nooner pours. More on the beer below. For lunch, I ordered three chicken fajita tacos. At only 192 calories each, it’s not a bad option for lunch!
- Dinner. A dear friend (initials M.E.) has recently retired and will soon move to the coast. So, our group of three couples met for our annual tradition of oysters. Raw oysters are surprisingly more caloric than I would have thought. In the neighborhood of 40 calories each, not including the cracker and horseradish. But I only had three and then opted for blackened grouper over basmati rice. And several people ordered dessert – I abstained. Small victories.
At lunch, I had three nooners. At only 5 ounces each, they’re enough to get a nice taste without going too far.
- Founders Blushing Monk. Boozy. That’s all I have for you. Boozy and boozier.
- Left Nut Exotique. Really nice and smooth. It’s a Belgian Golden Ale, and it had all of the maltiness and complexity that you might imagine. Really nicely balanced. It was the best of the three I had at lunch.
- Elysian Men’s Room Red. Just meh. It was fine. After boozy #1 and really complex and smooth #2, it just became … the other beer I had at lunch. Not bad, but nothing special either.
And then for dinner:
I was so excited to see the tap list. They had Sweetwater Festive and Second Self Mole Porter. THOSE would be my two beers of the evening. SCORE!! I ordered the Festive first, and then was met with the eventual sentence we all hate … “I’m sorry; we’re all out of that one.” Oh well, I can move onto to the next option. As I was set to order the Mole Porter, she said, “And we’re also out of that one.” Sigh.
I had two pints of Basement, but I was kinda sad about it. What to do when the restaurant doesn’t have the beer you’re dying to have?